Sunday, September 16, 2012

Highlights of Year 5772

- I break my arm.
- I go to Jekyll Island on a school trip (with a broken arm).
Notice the purple bandage on my left arm...
















- I do a cool science musicy sound project with Lena for the math fair.


- I audition for Allstate (with a broken arm).
- I don't play Kol Nidre at High Holidays (due to a broken arm).
- I play viola in the school orchestra.
- I start this blog :)
- I make my debut as an artichoke on Halloween.
- I volunteer regularly at the Furkids Petsmart location.












- I can't remember Thanksgiving at all, which is really weird...
- Matter a fact, I can't remember like ANYTHING from November at all, which is bizarre.. and kind of scary... and I feel guilty, because I berate my future self for forgetting this moment of my existence all the time... so it's pretty likely that I was thinking that some time in November... and I've forgotten... oops...
- I have my first AJCO concert.















- I introduce myself to Selena Gomez.













- Tropetropetropetropetrope...













- I cut my haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaair!

















- I have my period... (I can say stuff like that cuz this is a PRIVATE BLOG)
- I come out to immediate friends and family. (Again... private blog!)

- I miss school on Wednesday... due to fever.
- I miss school on my birthday... due to fever. :( (Thus delaying the arrival of a most wonderful birthday octopus drawing by Emma!)
- I attend my Bat Mitzvah rehearsal on my birthday... despite fever.
- I miss school on Friday... due to "religious observance".
- I watch a Very Pottery Musical (despite "religious observance") and deny it for months...
- I have my Bat Mitzvah... woop!
- I zip to a second Allstate audition (despite Bat Mitzvah)... and fail horribly at sight reading.
- I have my Bat Mitzvah party... woop!
- No Hebrew School the day after my Bat Mitzvah, cuz it's MLK weekend or whatever! Which sucks! Cuz I didn't even need to have my Bat Mitzvah for that!
- No school the day after my Bat Mitzvah... cuz it's MLK weekend! :)
- All four of us kids take the SATS! Yaaaaay! Hope we ruled out any irregularities ;)! (Thanks for the reminder, Emma!)
- I get an iPod... and an iTunes account... woop!
- I introduce myself to the kpop group 'Sistar'.

- Clarissa introduces herself to the kpop group 'Sistar' and I deny association.
- I confess to Clarissa like a week later.
- I don't get kittens.
- I don't get kittens again.



- And again.
- And again.
- I fly alone to New York City for a week long vacation with grandparents! Woop!
- I don't get kittens.
- ...
- KITTEEEEEEEEEENS!!!!

- Kitten insaneness... aaaaaah....
- Inman Eagle Orchestra attends Festival.
- Inman Eagle end of year concert.
- I graduate seventh grade, and officially leave Inman.
- I go to Yosemite and it is AMAZING.
- Other places in California are also cool!
- I go to Colorado and it is awesome.
- I blow glass with Emma, which is the most epic thing ever.
- I start Little Middle School.


...

Yeah... So I know I forgot like 50 different things... so contribute your own lists and I will add them! Woop!
Shana Tova!
~Julia

P.S. Seriously, comment whatever comes to your mind as important!


4 comments:

  1. I get kittens and then don't have kittens...
    Only that's probably too depressing to put on a chart. Whatever.
    It's "A Very Potter Musical," not "Very Pottery Musical". Maybe you knew that.
    Anyway, I totally get it! Cuz it's like, the Jewishy new year thingy! Which is was Rosh Hashanah is! I was so confused at first ("5773? And wait, why did she skip the beginning of the year? And wait, now she's going into 2012! And wait, why is she doing a 2011 thing anyway? It's 2012... been 2012 for a while... OOOOOHHHHH RIIIGHT I GET IT NOW")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was actually 5772 last year... oops... like, I knew that, but I slipped up... I'll go change that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite an enjoyable post :)
    You know, any time your broken arm is mentioned, the thing that comes to mind is that echolocation game we played at that rest stop on the way to Jekyll...
    Any important things missing? Hm...you become an official currency ninja. That's all I can really think of now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Big thing! SAT-taking! That is certainly important! So yeah! Add that to your list and stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I could be wrestling with a squid underwater right now, in MORTAL PERIL somewhere in Kenya's squid reserve, and yet I would still find time to respond to this, so make it count.
[P.S. 25% proceeds from comment benefit donates to the Kenya Save the Squid fund. Sign up today!]