Wednesday, October 31, 2012

All Hallow's Eve

Today I went trick-or-treating ish. As in I accompanied Benjamin with Mom on his trick-or-treating. I did a bunch of work with animating this thing of pumpkins and ghosts and candy and stuff.

Speaking of candy, if you haven't seen Vihart's epic new Halloween Video, I recommend you do so immediately!
Anyways, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get the animation up... I'll still try to finish it, even if it's after halloween.

Benjamin went trick-or-treating as a miscellaneous object. It was this big cardboard box painted red and brown with glow-in-the-dark bumper sticker reflecty things and big cardboard wheels. And a glowing trident, because the grotesquely slimy plastic glowing skull sword he had won at the Halloween Carnival died (thank god).

We got the trident from being boo'd yesterday evening. The booing provided us with some candy, halloween pencils, special circle erasers, and window decorations. Plus the glow in the dark trident.

Anyways.

Benjamin enjoyed confusing people with his original costume and then crowing the name. One might think that a costume called a "Miscellaneous Object" had been thrown together last minute due to lack of inspiration, but Benjamin has been diligently working on this costume for weeks.

I did not have a costume. Maybe I'll try it again next year, but it felt good to have a break from going up to people's houses this year.

I tried to do this whole big kitten photo shoot - halloween themed. I had high expectations that did not all come to fruition. For one, I borrowed a pumpkin bucket from Clarissa. While this bucket provided much entertainment from kittens tumbling around on it, they could not, unfortunately, quite fit in it. It is also unfortunate that the shots of them tussling with the plastic pumpkin are nothing but blurs. :(
I do have a lot of great shots of kittens though, some of which including pumpkins.
I also made each cat a little ghost costume with eye holes and everything to try to take pictures. This did not entirely work out, because once the ghost sheet was placed on said cat, I would get enough time to fumble with the camera before the kitten would realize that they were under something with HOLES.
...
They were unbelievably cute, but not in an especially photographically convenient way. Also, I'll have to make new ghost costumes. :)

I hope Phoebe found her Halloween Candy Bowl sufficient in the absence of her pumpkin bucket. While my camera experiment did not turn out how I envisioned it, let it be known that the presence of the pumpkin bucket was much appreciated both by cats and spectators. Thank you, Phoebe!

I'm sorry my posts were squeezed late this month. Next month look forwards to:

-My Scary Story from school
-Pumpkin Animation
-Fall Picture collection!

More to follow. Thank you for your patience and helpful reminders about my due dates!

~Julia :)

P.S. Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I could be wrestling with a squid underwater right now, in MORTAL PERIL somewhere in Kenya's squid reserve, and yet I would still find time to respond to this, so make it count.
[P.S. 25% proceeds from comment benefit donates to the Kenya Save the Squid fund. Sign up today!]