Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Card

I got a card from the principal today.
No, not a letter.
Not a notice.
Not a referral.
A card.

On the cover it had a small fluffy dog with a silver-red flame patterned electric guitar and shiny red lettering reading "You rock!"

My first reaction was:
"Whaaaat...."

Seriously. Did my mother just say that the PRINCIPAL had mailed me this.... card? With the pop-loving dog and the "You rock!"?

Yes.
The principal had, in fact, sent me the card.

Kudos to those who figured out why.
I just guessed.

It was....
Because of that quartet-gig I pulled for the Superintendent! Yay!
This is what it said:

Julia-
I wanted to personally thank you for your time last week to play at the Superintendent's meeting. Your group did a fantastic job and I was very proud of the compliments that followed.
Sincerely,
Ms. Xxxxxx

So no one noticed me sight reading! Yaaaay.

Of course, I'm positive all the other quartet members were mailed a message like this too. But it's still cool.

This is the second teacher-sent correspondence I have acquired this semester. My first was a postcard (yes, a post card. My teacher wasn't even out of town. Isn't that cool?) The postcard just said I was doing extremely well and to keep it up.

So Huzzah for teachers with cards!

Huzzah,
Julia

P.S. My principal writes all caps!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I could be wrestling with a squid underwater right now, in MORTAL PERIL somewhere in Kenya's squid reserve, and yet I would still find time to respond to this, so make it count.
[P.S. 25% proceeds from comment benefit donates to the Kenya Save the Squid fund. Sign up today!]