Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Chappy Chanukah!

Hi!
Today was the first night of Chanukah!
There's a lot that I could say about Chanukah. But I got started with this post so late that I'm just going to publish it with the update and the promise of a better post on Chanukah tomorrow.
However, my blogging instincts cannot resist the urge to tell you stuff.
First, some clarifications about Chanukah:
1) 8 days, 9 candles. If you don't know why (and you should), look it up.
2) The date changes from year to year because it's a lunar calendar.
3) Yes, Jews are aloud to go outside. And no, we don't have to purify everything with onions. I'm not even sure how you made that up.
4) We light to candles on the first night, than one more each night.
5) We use one candle to light the others.
Second, I have good news- I'm making a Chanukah video thing! That I may or may not post! If I did, I would definitely consult Mom! To be posted (maybe) on the last night of Chanukah.
Third, here's an awesome song. I found it last year. It's called candlelight.
Technically Mom found it, but I WATCHED it. And I'm now showing it to you!
Fourth, I did get presents! I got three books tonight. I just started Ender's Shadow, and I'm about a hundred pages in! It's really good, I recommend it. 
Benj got a box set of the Eragon series (you know, dragons...) that he loves. He's really excited, and is probably reading them under the covers right now. [Yeah, I see you. Go to bed.]
We also got Harry Potter Lego Wii years 5-7, which sounds really lame, but it's awesome. 
You can see Harry, Hermione, Nagini, Ron with the sword of Gryffindor, Ginny in her new outfit, Voldemort, Bellatrix Lestrange, and burning Hogwarts in the background. Oooh.
I'm happy about this present because:
1) Years 1-4 were awesome. They were funny, the animation was great, and there was tons of stuff to do even after you finished the plot.
2) Bellatrix Lestrange comes in in this one.
3) The characters look more mature, meaning:
a) Lego-Hermione actually looks somewhat FEMININE. Her hair is darker and styled to look like something besides a hunk of plastic.
b) Ron has a cool hair cut and is not as dorky (although I'm sure he's just as clumsy and clueless in the animation.
c) Ginny has wavy hair and a headband, :)!!!!
4) Wii is fun.
5) I love how they make the plot more kid-friendly. You'd think that might be lame and boring, but it isn't. I wonder what Hermione did with the thermometer...
SO YEAH
Chanukah has STARTED!
More detailed info to come when I'm not about to pass out!
~Julia
UPDATE: I dreamed about both Lego Harry Potter Wii and Ender's Shadow. And a similar situation concocted by my own brain. In an airport. It was intense.

2 comments:

  1. Ender's Shadow....I really liked Ender's Game; are they part of the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benjamin GO AWAY and stop commenting, okay?

    ReplyDelete

I could be wrestling with a squid underwater right now, in MORTAL PERIL somewhere in Kenya's squid reserve, and yet I would still find time to respond to this, so make it count.
[P.S. 25% proceeds from comment benefit donates to the Kenya Save the Squid fund. Sign up today!]