Saturday, December 17, 2011

Music to the Soul

So!
Music!
I am a musician. I also listen to music with actual QUALITY. Baroque. Romantic. All those styles.
And I have dedicated this post to exposing you to this quality.
First, there's the music that I play.
I play scales. Major, minor, arpeggio, three octaves, two scales daily. I play etudes. They are boring.
And I play pieces.

The following pieces are ones that I either learned recently, am still learning, or will soon learn:
-Bach A Minor, which is too big a file to be uploaded onto this blog, so I'll post a link late...
-Dvorak Four Romantic Pieces:
My status on the above:
First Movement: Learned a loooong time ago.
Second Movement: Was polishing when I broke my arm- postponed till January
Third and Fourth Movement: Not planning to learn in the immediate future.

-Paganini Cantabile:
This will be my first piece from book 7, although I've strayed from the books.

Then there's Fiocco Allegro, which I learned about a year ago:
That's one of the top violinists in the world....
Wow.
Also, here are some pieces that I LIKE:
Romance (which Dad has arranged to be played in quartet form on my Bat Mitzvah - stay tuned!):
I'm not a HUGE fan of the soloist, but it still sounds great!

Suk (He's Dvorak's nephew!):
Although my recording at home is much better, this will do...

Barter's Bride (Smetana):
Again, home recording is better. But whatever. This was THE PIECE I danced to when I was three. Every day. Running around in circles. :)

Oh, and guess what? Yeah. Those are all Czech composers. The best.

Then there's Fuchs, who was a German composer. He wrote some duets and trios that we play at home. I couldn't find any good recordings of the right pieces, so no video for now.

Anyways, that's your first music exposure. REAL music.
I will give  you another lesson soon.

Hope this posts with all the videos!
~Julia

P.S. My brother has just announced with great excitement that he can create headaches by hitting himself in the head with various objects. Let's give him a hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I could be wrestling with a squid underwater right now, in MORTAL PERIL somewhere in Kenya's squid reserve, and yet I would still find time to respond to this, so make it count.
[P.S. 25% proceeds from comment benefit donates to the Kenya Save the Squid fund. Sign up today!]